JUNE 4-7, 2009
HEADQUARTERS WILL BE SILLIMAN COLLEGE
CLASS OF 1959 50th Reunion
REUNION NEWS AND REMINDER TO REGISTER!
Have you registered for the Yale Class of 1959 50th Reunion? You probably reserved a place to stay and may have even told us you intend to come. But now is the time to make it official by clicking on the AYA Reunion website: www.aya.yale.edu/reunions
Reunion highlights include:
- Thursday 4:00 pm concert dedicated to the Class of 1959 presented by our own world renowned duo pianists John and Richard Contiguglia.
- Thursday casual buffet dinner Silliman courtyard with entertainment by the Mike Melvoin trio.
- A special Friday gathering of Women of the Class of 1959.
- Yale School of Music Class of 1959 Celebration Concert at Sprague Hall.
- Lecture by Richard Warren, '59, Curator of Historical Sound Recordings Collection and American Musical Theatre Collection Yale Music Library.
- Class Memorial Service Battell Chapel.
- Friday night Cocktails at Sterling Memorial Library followed by Class Dinner in University Commons.
- Bob Semple's Saturday panel presentation on the economy. Panelists include classmates Charley Ellis, Art Kelly, Paul Horne, and William Goetzmann, Beinecke Professor of Management and Finance at the Yale School of Organization and Management.
- Saturday evening cocktails and Gala Class Dinner Dance with music by the Peter Duchin orchestra.
- And more...
Surrounding all of this will be Yale faculty lectures and programs, access to Yale's world class libraries and museums, campus tours, a University Update with President Levin, and the camaraderie of old friends and new. Reunion headquarters is Silliman College where all meals (8 of them!) will be served except for the Friday night class dinner in Commons. The Whiffenpoofs of 1959 will be on hand to entertain. If you have created a piece of art and would like to have it on display during the Reunion, contact Cheever Tyler at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention '59 golfers: Jim Cowperthwait has tee times at the Yale Golf Course Thursday morning. Make a reservation by emailing Jim at: email@example.com.
We need to know how many items of regalia to buy and how many meals to prepare among other things. So please register. If you have questions or need assistance, call the reunion hot line at (203)-432-2110. Sue and I and over three hundred classmates look forward to seeing you in New Haven.
REUNION CHAIRMAN: ED GREENBERG (firstname.lastname@example.org)
REUNION GIFT CHAIRMAN: CHARLEY ELLIS (email@example.com)
PROGRAM: BOB SEMPLE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PARTICIPATION CHAIRMAN: BEN GERTZ ( Ben@GertzNYC.com)
ENTERTAINMENT: TOM MAXEY (email@example.com)
REGALIA: JOE STALEY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PERFORMING ARTS: GEORGE BUCHANAN
EDITOR IN CHIEF: SANDY WIENER (email@example.com)
ARCHIVAL MATERIAL AND PHOTOGRAPHIC EDITOR:
CHARLIE KINGSLEY (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GRAPHIC ARTS CURATOR
CHEEVER TYLER (email@example.com)
MAJOR ESSAYS EDITOR: BOB SEMPLE